'what's in a name?'

3:10 PM Unknown 0 Comments

‘now tell me,
what meaning is possessed in your name?’

‘mine?’

‘yours.’ I said as I toyed with a strand of my hair. Flirtatiously. Yet keeping it innocent and unaggressive. I didn’t want to offer him a second of green light.

I have had always indoctrinated myself to be a young lady with a proud soul. I would not let life happens to me, I trained myself to situate everything under my control—I am too, too proud to permit unwanted paths crossing my ways.

As well as I found where myself happened to be at this p.m., accompanied by a young man in a crimson hooded-sweater sitting in front of me, I placed this evening as my decision. As my willing and not because of him drawing my interest.

‘one with a gentle heart,
one who is able to convey calmness over a storm.”

I tilted my head as he finished his words,
“’one with a gentle heart, one who is able to convey calmness over a storm?’” I chuckled; I lifted my left eyebrow as a mark of questions.

He was chill, he replied my doubt only with a smirk, and then followed:
“you’ll see.”

“alright, sir.
Let’s see if I’ll see.”

He was far from a type of mine,
he smoked cigars although he numerously proclaimed he’s in the struggle to quit.
I don’t date smokers. I won’t, ever.

He didn’t speak politics nor he spoke any Marx,
he didn’t give a single damn about Das Kapital and would never think any of it matter,
‘he’s a simple man’, I thought to myself.
And I don’t date simple men. I won’t, ever.

Anyhow of him being the least of guy I would sleep with,
in a peculiar short time, I found myself losing my breath between his soft kisses.

He was a smoker but he washed off his top to toe before seeing me to ensure I wouldn’t smell the slightest debris of ash.

He either spaced-out or had his forehead wrinkled when I mumbled him of how Western media has distorted the World from the truth, yet he listened, letting the language of alien streamed to his ears.

He is, indeed,
one with a gentle heart,
one who is able to convey calmness over a storm,
yet to his calmness,
he could brick down my barricade,
that I surrender to his name.





0 comments: